Meet The New 2014 Ranchers.
Honda’s Ranchers have long been the best-selling all-terrain vehicles in America—and they didn’t get there by standing still. Our all-new 2014 Rancher lineup is the best example yet. We’ve made big improvements in just about every area: performance, comfort, function and style.
We started with our powerful longitudinally mounted 420cc liquid-cooled engine and took it one step further by improving its fuel efficiency. Then we wrapped that engine in a stronger, all-new double-cradle steel chassis. On top of that, we increased the suspension stroke front and rear for better ride comfort, improved handling and increased maneuverability.
In addition to those great features, the all-new 2014 Ranchers feature a thicker, softer seat for increased comfort, a bigger fuel tank for those long days in the saddle and bigger front disc brakes to help slow you down.
We wrapped all of this Honda technology in rugged new bodywork that not only looks good, but offers increased protection from the elements.
More Comfort: Thicker seat foam and a lighter foam density both contribute to the Rancher’s increased comfort. In addition, a longer suspension stroke and new damper valving give you plush, all-day-long comfort, no matter how rough the terrain.
- Semi-Dry-Sump Engine Design: Our semi-dry-sump and overhead-valve designs give you an engine that's shorter from top to bottom. The compact engine both lowers the center of gravity and increases ground clearance.
- Longitudinal Engine Layout
- Upgraded Fuel Injection: Being able to count on crisp performance and starting under any conditions is a must for anyone who depends on their ATV. Thanks to Honda's Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI)—featuring a 34mm throttle body and 12-hole Denso injector, and Oxygen sensor—the Rancher not only ensures trouble-free operation in the cold and at varying altitudes, it reduces emissions and enhances fuel economy.
- Shaft Final Drive
- Solid-Axle Rear Suspension: A great choice for work use, the solid-rear-axle design reduces rear drop when pulling heavier loads and—in combination with our new suspension design—is great for recreation as well.
- Comfortable Seat: A plush seat and open rider triangle (Bars/Seat/Pegs) teams up with the suspension to really treat you right. Superior ergonomics have always been a Honda priority, and the Rancher is no exception. With thicker, softer foam this year, it’s more comfortable than ever.
- More Powerful Headlights: Increased light output (35 watts) along with a redesigned light pattern means improved visibility.
- New Electronic Instrumentation: Easy to read and full of the information you want, you get readouts for fuel level, clock, water temperature, speed and Honda’s “maintenance minder” system to help remind you when it’s time to have your ATV serviced.
- Styling: The Rancher line's bodywork gives it a tough look. But it does more than just look good: it's designed to last, despite the scrapes and dings of the job or the woods, and to help protect you from mud and other debris.
- Available TraxLok Selectable 2WD/4WD: This invaluable feature allows a rider to shift, via a front-panel-mounted lever, between 2WD and 4WD for maximum versatility during tough chores or on uneven terrain. (4x4 Rancher models only.)
- New Honda Phantom Camo: A great new option, our exclusive Honda Phantom Camo is a 3-D treatment that helps your ATV blend in to a wide range of environments.
- Engine Type: 420cc liquid-cooled fuel-injected OHV wet-sump longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore And Stroke: 86.5mm x 71.5mm
- Induction: Keihin® 34mm throttle-body fuel-injection system
- Ignition: Full-transistorized type with electronic advance
- Starter: Electric with optional auxiliary recoil
- Clutch: Automatic
- Transmission: Five-speed with Reverse
- Driveline: Direct front and rear driveshafts
- Front Suspension: Independent double-wishbone; 6.3 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Independent double-wishbone; 6.3 in. travel
- Front Brakes: Dual hydraulic disc
- Rear Brakes: Sealed mechanical drum
- Front Tires: 24 x 8-12
- Rear Tires: 24 x 10-11
- Length: 80.9 in.
- Width: 46.1 in.
- Height: 45.1 in.
- Wheelbase: 49.2 in.
- Seat Height: 32.9 in.
- Ground Clearance: 6.5 in.
- Curb Weight: 586 lb. (includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel -- ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 3.5 gal., including 1.0 gal. reserve
- Turning Radius: 10.5 ft.
- Model Id: TRX420FM1E
- Emissions: Meets current California Air Resources Board (CARB) and EPA off-road emissions standards.
- Available Colors: Honda Phantom Camo™
- One Year: Transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan